Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Melanies Potato Soup

   A while ago Rob was looking through the deep freeze in the garage and came across a tub of neapolitan ice cream...I was so excited, until I realized it wasn't neapolitan ice cream at all but was the potato soup my sister had made when she was visiting this summer. (No offence Mel, it's not that I wasn't excited about the soup, it just wasn't ice cream.) 
   So anyway, the other day I finally pulled out that potato soup from the freezer.  It was one of those days where I had no idea what to make for dinner, didn't have much food in the cupboard and just didn't feel like making anything anyway.  Potato soup to the rescue! 
   Crackers just wouldn't cut it for this kind of soup...so I mustered up the energy to bake some homemade cheese biscuits (and I'm not talkin' bisquick here.).   About four years ago Melanie gave me this recipe.  They're way better than bisquick and just as easy...I believe those were her exact words when she told me about them.
   After being inside most of the day I felt the need for some fresh air.  So we took our soup and biscuits out to Gap Lake for a picnic.  I'd like to say I got to enjoy my soup nice and hot while enjoying the mountain view in front of me but that wasn't the case. Instead I scarfed it down lukewarm while trying to tame two crying babies and a whiny dog and take a few pics on top of that...but I enjoyed it none the less.

Daddy and Casey checkin' out the view


Potato Soup


A little surprise visitor came by to see us just as we were packing up to leave.

Thanks for the soup Melanie!

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could come make you some more soup and buy you an icecream as well. I'm glad you posted the biscuit recipe, I lost it and was remembering how good they were just the other day when I made soup.

    ReplyDelete