Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Great Weekend

We had a lovely weekend with the boys.  It started off Friday night going out for pizza at the Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co.   I had been waiting all week for this outing...I don't get out much anymore.  It was such a nice evening. The boys were very well behaved, they pretty much just slept the whole time.  We got a few comments from the other customers saying how brave we were to go out to a restaurant with two babies.  We figured pizza was a safe bet because it's easy to pack up if worse came to worse and we had to leave in a hurry.

Daddy and Casey at the restaurant

Mmmmm....nothing better than left over pizza

Saturday was a really nice sunny day.  We ditched the stroller and took the boys on a little hike.  It ended up being a bit of an adventure.  We started out on a trail called snake bite, but then we decided instead of continuing on the trail going up we'd just cut across bushwack style (it wasn't too busy though, more grassy).  We finally saw the trail again, but we were pretty high above it and had to switch back to get to it.  This would have been no problem if I wasn't wearing sandals and didn't have a baby strapped to the front of me.  I only slipped once.


Daddy and Casey checkin' out the view


Me and Liam taking a break

Sunday we went to Calgary to see our friends Manny and Elaine who just had a baby boy a couple weeks ago.  I baked them a nice loaf of chocolate chip banana bread...and the boys helped too.

One little baker

Two little baker





Me with Casey and Liam and their new buddy Cody...good thing I never had triplets!

Casey, Cody and Liam...now they look big!
Then when we got home from Calgary we got the good news that my cousin Brad had a healthy baby boy named Carson.  So exciting!  Lots of baby boys these days...my sister Jenny is also expecting a boy coming in January, I can't wait!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that to/from stamp... looks like you had a nice hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know, I have to find you one! I started making some neat gift tags like the one in the picture, but with nice fabric on the other side. I can't wait to show you my latest craft though....coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed the giaffe... Awesome! Can't wait to see this new caft, is it soon yet?

    ReplyDelete