Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

The boys first Halloween!  How fun! ...But what to wear?  I wanted to dress the boys up for their first Halloween, but didn't want to spend a fortune on costumes that they would only wear for one day...more like 10 minutes actually.  So last week I took a trip to Banff with a couple of friends and found some really cute animal toques which I thought could pass as costumes, plus they could wear them all winter (and probably next since they're a little big).


Casey the Owl and Liam the Bear


Hoo who are you?

Grr!

The hats weren't enough though.  I had another idea to hollow out two big pumpkins and stick them inside so only their heads and arms were sticking out...but we waited til the last minute for that idea and ended up with only one pumpkin that wasn't big enough to fit a baby inside.  So I made a funky Jack-o-lantern instead.


We made one last desperate attempt at finding more pumkins at Shoppers Drug Mart.  They didn't have any...but they did have cheap costumes for pets...hmmm, that could work!

Casey the friendly ghost

Little Liam my little pumpkin

Haha it was good for a laugh...too bad they wouldn't fit Jack.
 After all that costume stuff we were ready to hand out some candy, but only had two kids come by...oh well, more candy for us!


Happy Halloween Everyone!

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. ok those hats are adorable!!! and the pet costumes worked out great!! the boys are sooo cute I cna't wait to see them! ps were u using Rob as a model for the pumpkin?? I could see the resemblance!!lol
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get baby Magee one of those hats too! Yeah it's funny how they fit perfectly into costumes made for little dogs haha.
    Good lookin' pumpkin eh?

    ReplyDelete