Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

From the Crafty Closet...

I'm so excited about my new found craft.  When I saw this idea on etsy, I knew I had to make one!  I couldn't even sleep that night (well, the babies probably had something to do with that...) thinking about how to go about making one, what colour of yarn to use and how the heck to make those felt flowers.  So while we were in Calgary last weekend I made a pit stop at Micheal's to get some supplies.  The next day I created my yarn wreath...




For all you crafty folks out there, these are so easy and fun to make, plus they would make a very nice Christmas gift.  All you need is a ball of yarn, some felt, a foam wreath and a glue gun.  The first thing you do is tie the yarn onto the wreath, then start wrapping...wrapping and wrapping.  When you finally have that done, the fun part is making the felt flowers.  Here's how...

Cut out a wavy circle

Cut into the circle at a dip in the wave and continue cutting around in a spiral

Stop cutting when you create a small circle at the end

Then tightly start rolling the flower from the outside of the circle where you first cut, to the inside

Use a glue gun to glue the little circle onto the bottom to hold it together
 When you've made a bunch of flowers glue them onto the wreath using your glue gun.  There's so many other options you can put on your wreath too ie. little birds, ribbon bows, twigs etc. the possibilities are endless.  I can't wait to make another one!

Happy Crafting!

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment