Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Long Weekend

Our May long weekend didn't involve our traditional first camping trip of the season, due to avoiding the crowds and the fact that there's a fire ban in Alberta right now...but there will be plenty more weekends for camping this summer.  The highlight of my weekend however, was getting out on the bikes.  I've been riding every day since Rob attached the Chariot to my bike.  A few months ago we traded in our old stroller for a chariot carrier to allow us to get out on the bikes and use it as a stroller as well.  It's been a great investment.




Ahhhh the sweet feeling of freedom.  Last year I was pretty tied down with my teeny little babies, but this summer will be much different. 

It was a beautiful warm sunny Saturday, so we loaded the boys into the chariot and rode the paved trail into town.  It was my first time biking the trail to town and I was so impressed by the beauty of it. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the gorgeous mountain town I live in.



We worked up a bit of an appetite after the journey in, so we picked up some goodies at our favourite cafe and headed for River Side Park.  We had a nice little picnic and then met up with some friends.







Looking forward to more days like this.

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Casey looks like he is ready to take off running never mind walking. He is raring to go :)

    ReplyDelete