Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My very first Mother's Day was simply wonderful.  I felt like the luckiest Mom in the world.  It started off with a nice surprise when I came downstairs; pretty flowers, a card, a balloon and a nice digital frame playing pictures of me and the boys. 


The boys had lots of fun playing with the balloon. 

Then we went out for breakfast at my favourite breakfast spot.

Breakfast with my babes. Liam (left) Casey (right)

It was a bit of an on-and-off rainy day, so in the afternoon we took a drive to Banff.  We found a nice spot up on Tunnel Mountain and decided to stop for a little roadside cook out while there was a break in the rain.  I  made stew the other day, so we cooked up some left overs while the boys napped in the van.  It's my favourite way to enjoy left over stew...it just tastes better cooked on a coleman stove, in the fresh air, on top of a mountain.





And to top off my Mother's Day, I'm told I get to sleep tonight...but we'll see about that.

Wishing my Mom a Happy Mother's Day as well.  I wouldn't be the Mom I am today if it weren't for you being the most amazing Mom for me.  Thank you!

And Happy Birthday to my sister Jenny too! :)

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Lindsay - you deserve to celebrate a year of motherhood! I am so blessed, proud and honoured to have raised three amazing women and moms - you rock! Keep on lovin and having fun - kids are the best gift God will give you!

    ReplyDelete