Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This Day Last Year (Dec. 22)

I remember this day last year, because it was the day we found out that there were two peas in my pod. Rob's mom was visiting for the holidays so we all went to the hospital for our very first ultra sound.  I was nine weeks in and still just getting used to the fact that I was pregnant.  We waited in the waiting room for over an hour.   They instructed me to drink a litre of water an hour before my appointment to ensre my blatter was full...well it was full alright,  I had to pee so bad I could taste it and my patience was running thin.  I kept threatening that I was going to just go pee and walk out of there.  But finally they called me in and  I was able to relieve myself a little... 

The ultra sound technician was quiet as she scanned my belly.  After a while she brought Rob into the room and that's when she hit us the news.  In a very calm voice she said, "So you don't just have one baby in there, but two." as she pointed to the two little beans on the screen.  Rob was totally speechless and a little teary eyed.  I burst out with a "WHAT?  Oh my god!"  I was completely shocked and all I could do was laugh.  After Rob got his voice back he joined me in the laughter and then quickly assured me that this was a good thing.  I had so many questions..."They're not Siamese are they?"  "How is this even possible, twins don't run in our family?"  "Are they identical?"  After I had grilled the woman with 21 questions, we brought Rob's Mom into the room and shared the news with her (if she hadn't already heard the outbursts through the wall).  We were all so happy...might I even say "giddy".

Leaving the hospital we couldn't stop laughing...none of us could find the words to say, so we just laughed.  This continued throughout the day and whenever there was a moment of silence in the room, it was broken by laughter.  We just couldn't believe it.  It was the best Christmas present we could imagine.  The only thing that tops it this year is being able to hold them in our arms and share them with our family.

Lindsay

P.S.  The flight was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment