Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Handmade Hats

For the longest time I've wanted to make the boys some cute hats.  I've seen people selling them before at outdoor markets or folk festivals and figured "I could make that".
On a side note, my Mom used to say those exact words to me when I was a kid.  She's a pro sewer and knitter, she does it all.  So you can imagine with skills like that, why over pay for something when you could just make it yourself for half the cost?  Well I didn't always see it that way and when I would ask for all the latest fashions that was often her response...it drove me crazy.  But now I can finally understand and appreciate her craftiness.
So back to the hats...the other day my friend who has a boy the same age as Liam and Casey had one of these hats that her friend made.  We tried it on Liam and that was the last straw, I was determined to make one (two actually).  I scoured the Internet for patterns and tutorials and ended up buying this pattern from etsy for only $6.00.  It was well worth the 6 bucks...








4 comments:

  1. ok those are ADORABLE!!!I need one of those for Jack (preferably brown hint hint)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking love these! Might have to bug you for a little girls one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! They are sooooo cute Lindsay!!! You see your mom was right!!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys look like they are happy with them! Keeping them on their adorable little heads. Very cute Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete