Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter

We're back home from our trip to Ontario for Easter.  We've been planning a visit to meet my sister's new baby boy Jack ever since he was born in January.  Easter seemed like the best opportunity for everyone to get together. 


Stratford is such a lovely little town to visit.  My favourite thing to do there (tied with going to the toy store...it's the best toy store ever) is going for a walk along the river.





The three older kiddies got scooters as an early Easter gift from Nana and Poppa.  They had fun scootin' all around the neighbourhood.  Makayla was nice enough to let me try hers out.




Time for a break at the playground...





Then there were all the Easter festivities. First off was decorating the gingerbread bunny hut (A Christmas tradition with an Easter spin).  I thought my nephew Ethan and I did a top notch job.



And no Easter is complete without dying eggs.  Besides all the chocolate, this is my favourite part of Easter.  Ya gotta be quick with all those kids around though, I was too busy capturing the moment that I missed out on decorating one myself.




The kids got us up early for Easter morning.  That sneaky little bunny came and hid eggs all over the house.  The boys were excited and had fun opening up their eggs.
 

With the kids all hyped up on chocolate, it was time to get outside for a little hike in the woods to get ride of some of that Easter energy they had so much of.






It was a really nice visit, but it always goes by too fast.  Now we're back home, and the boys miss their Nana and Poppa and cousins and Aunties and Uncles already.  We're looking forward to July when we'll see them all again on our turf.



Hope everyone enjoyed Easter...and some chocolate!

Lindsay

1 comment: