Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

These sure ain't your usual brownies (and no, I'm not talkin' the 'magical' kind).  These brownies are healthy...although you'd never know it unless you made them yourself.  The main ingredient is black beans.  I know, doesn't exactly sound appealing, but they're actually pretty tasty.  Don't take my word for it though and give them a try for yourself.  Here's the recipe (click here) that I used. 

Here's the mixture.  My hand blender worked like a charm to puree the beans.


I highly recommend accompanying your brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt). It's the only way to go.

Enjoy! ...and don't forget, they are made of beans, so don't eat too many. :)

Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. I think I'll make them when J isn't around and see how he feels about them. I'm sure if I told him they were full of beans, he would turn his nose up before tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Let me know how they turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these this weekend, and Joshua said they were the best brownies I've ever made! A total hit! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete