Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Ok, so I'm back from my blogging hiatus.   My parents were visiting from Ontario, and we went on a little skiing vacation in Kimberley B.C. it was a lot of fun and we had a great visit ...but more on that next time, it's Valentines Day today!
 

I love Valentines Day...when I was a kid I remember waking up in the morning and going into the kitchen to find little bowls of candy that my mom put out for us...cinnamon hearts, jelly beans, and chocolate hearts wrapped in red foil...as far as I'm concerned, there is no better way to start a day.  One time in grade school I guessed the closest number of jelly beans and won a big jar full of red, pink and white jelly beans...at least I think this happened, maybe it was just a dream, but I'm like 95 percent sure it really happened.   I loved going to school dressed in something red and exchanging those cute little valentine cards, so much fun! 

I don't think this valentines day will involve a big jar of jelly beans, but that's ok...I'll just dream about them instead.  However, I did get a lovely gift from Rob and my three Valentines are taking me out for lunch today.  How luck am I?  And as a gift to myself I bought some new music (The Avett Brothers) from itunes which I've been playing on repeat all morning.   My parents (believe it or not) got me hooked on them...you know you have cool parents when you like their music and vice versa.


Hope you all have a Happy Valentines!

Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment