Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homemade

My boys love their home cooked meals and I love cooking for them.  Yesterday for dinner they had a taste of some lovely roasted organic butternut squash.  It was pretty simple too, just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, brush with butter and pop it in the oven.  I froze the left overs in ice cube trays for easy individual portions to use later.


Mmmmm squash, and in their very own personalized bowls made by Auntie Melanie.
And a little something created from the crafty closet this week were a couple of new bandanna bibs.  Liam and Casey seem to go through bibs like they do diapers, so I had to whip up a couple more to add to the pile.  They are easy and fun to sew.  I got the idea from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing for Baby, but used my own pattern in order to fit it to the boys...this took a few trys, so I have a couple that are a wee bit small, and a couple they can grow into.

 
Two little bandit babes (Liam and Casey)
  Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far.

Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! My sister did a great job on the bowls...I think I need a "Mama" bowl :)...but she did make me some really pretty little bowls perfect for yogurt or icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! A family full of talent!

    ReplyDelete