Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New and Improved Crafty Closet

A few weeks ago when my parents were visiting, they painted my sewing closet so it would match the rest of our walls.  It used to be a bright blue colour that just stuck out like a sore thumb...trust me it's a huge improvement!  So in the midst of waiting for the second coat of paint to dry and since everything was a mess anyway I decided to make even more of a mess and began to sew up a storm!  I probably should have been doing a lot of other things...like sleeping while the boys slept for one, but sleep is over rated!  It had been too long since I last created something and I knew exactly what I wanted to make.... 


My new and improved sewing closest.


Inspired by the autumn season and using an idea I found on the Internet, I created a lovely little quilted table runner.  I finally finished it yesterday!  I had to work on it in stages as the boys only sleep for so long...and for the most part one of them is always awake, so my sewing opportunities are few and far between.



See what I mean...they were both sleeping at the same time for about 5 minutes until Casey woke up! :)

So here is my finished product!  I'm pretty happy with the outcome.  I love the colours and fabrics.  Lots of the fabrics were either scraps I had left over or recycled material from clothing, curtains, pillow cases you name it!







I can't wait to use it on our table for thanksgiving dinner!

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I Just found out about your blog and could not be happier! Although I am writing this and crying at the same time, that picture of the twins in their playpen, cheeky Casey wide awake makes me miss them soooo much. So cool and what amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing...I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww they miss their Aunties too! It's definitely not easy living so far away, which is why I really wanted to start this blog. It's funny one day we were joking about it on the phone, and the next day I have my own blog...who knew it was that easy!
    I'm so glad you like it, and thanks for being the first to comment:)

    ReplyDelete